Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Deep thoughts by Brian Haken

India has been awesome! We've been here a week and what an amazing experience it has been. God is truly working through the people here and the kids are such an inspiration; they wake up every morning and sing to their Lord at 6AM. These kids display such selflessness and willingness to serve each other and us, that at times i feel they are older and more mature than I am. The food is well, interesting. It is very spicy but I'm eating more than I had foreseen, but thanks for all the packed food too mom, its been a nice treat for everyone in my cabin(jeff, ethan, danny, and coop). I went to the school once already, and it is amazing. These kids are so eager to learn English. They truly know education is a luxury, unlike the writer of this blog, who sometimes takes it for granted : / I look forward to coming home and telling all of the cool stories in more detail, but until then, Namaskaram!

Brian Haken

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to write a quick note to all of you in India to say that I am SO proud of what you are doing and what you are allowing God to do through you. Reading the blogs makes me smile every time! It's always amazing to me how people who have so little can be so happy and still love God so much. The kids there are a perfect example of how I want to live and how I hope every one of you wants to live too when you come home. I know there are some things that you're missing a ton (food, family, bay area weather) but try your hardest to soak it all in when you're there because you'll miss it (ok, maybe not the food!) when you come home. We (your parents, friends, and family) love and miss you all very much and can't wait to see you on Saturday and hear all of the life-changing experiences you have had. Praying for safe travels-
    August Patterson (Deven's step-mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello all . . . It has been wonderful being connected to you in this way. I can only imagine this must be a life-changing experience for all of you and all of the kids. Everyone is benefitting from this amazing experience. I can't wait to hear the stories and see the pictures. You are missed but we know you are following your callings . . .

    Safe and happy travels . . . God Bless each and every one of you and may your lives be forever changed by this gift you have given yourselves and others.

    ReplyDelete